BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi its a minefield out there, as far as wheels are concerned. I'm lost, please help...
All I want to know is. Will a set of 18inch MV1's fit on a bnw 318d m sport 2010 plate, think the mv1's are off an 06.. plate ...
They are both the same,as in 8.0 j x 18 on fronts and 8.5 j x18 on rear,,
So many factors have been brought to the table, by different people..
But then other people telling me,,they all pretty much the same, 1 2 3 series.. please help,,didn't think for one minute it would be so difficult 馃槴 馃槩

Registered
Hi, offsets are very different for each series and each model so you have to keep an eye out, i've made a rookie mistake to buy a set of wheels for E90 which originally where designed for F30. They do fit but look horrible on the car as they are 10 mm deeper in the wheel well. Nevertheless, the '10 318 has an offset of 18x8j with and offset of 34 in the front and 18x8.5j offset 37. You can double check on All BMW Wheel Styles, Specifications & Parts - bmwstylerims.com . As far as i see the MV1's have an offset front 47 and 50 on the back., so they will sit deeper in the wheel well with about 13mm, they won't look too well you might need spacers or choose a different wheel style.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate,thanks ever so much,yes ti have made the decision and bought the apparently MV1's..and they do seem to fit as you say,,haven't been able to drive the car or see what they exactly look like really.. as uts on a lift..but will look tomorrow, and see if I can upload a couple pictures..I thought they looked good ..
But in the light of day,,we will have to see...til then..thanks again, take care

1 - 3 of 3 Posts