BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My girlfriend is thinking about buying an x1. I've never even sat in one. Just wondering what are the things to look out for in terms of faults, engine problems etc? Does anyone know if it has the same N47 engine as the 1,3 & 5 series?
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
105 Posts
My wife has a 2012 - 18d MSport SDrive.
She picked it up 14 months ago with 20k on the clock.

I'm not overly familiar with the common faults on them but she has added another 20k hassle free miles and wouldn't hesitate in buying another one.

I've enjoyed the occasional long haul blast in it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
None of them have the N47. Depending on what model you are looking at it either has the N46 (18i), N20 (20i), N52 (25i, 28i), or the N55 (35i).

The N55 is the predecessor to the N54 which is arguably one of the best BMW engines for power and reliability. The N55 is just a bit weaker when it comes to power capabilities tho.

I would just recommend staying away from the first year ones (2009) as any first production model will have common errors that will be fixed in the later years.

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None of them have the N47. Depending on what model you are looking at it either has the N46 (18i), N20 (20i), N52 (25i, 28i), or the N55 (35i).

The N55 is the predecessor to the N54 which is arguably one of the best BMW engines for power and reliability. The N55 is just a bit weaker when it comes to power capabilities tho.

I would just recommend staying away from the first year ones (2009) as any first production model will have common errors that will be fixed in the later years.
Thanks for the reply I'm looking at diesel models and from a quick google it does have the n47 engine just wondering do they suffer the same faith as the cars!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts