BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the red ring of death on the Xbox 360 today...sums up a poor week.. The fella in gamestop said to bring it down and try and sort it out... Fingers crossed!!

Many people have this problem?

Am on me 3rd xbox 360 at this stage!!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Most of the Xbox world has had this problem. :D

You can check your warranty on their website if you have the serial number though. Or just get the newer console and put red ring worries behind ya once and for all. :D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Wrap it in a blanket and let it overheat for 20 mins. Then let it cool down. Will work again for a while/indefinately. Failing this you can make diy heatsinks for the chips that cause the problem or cut a hole in the side and stick an old computer fan in there. I would advise this for older xboxes but if its a new one get it done under warranty. There are loads of videos of these repairs on youtube its a common problem.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wrap it in a blanket and let it overheat for 20 mins. Then let it cool down. Will work again for a while/indefinately. Failing this you can make diy heatsinks for the chips that cause the problem or cut a hole in the side and stick an old computer fan in there. I would advise this for older xboxes but if its a new one get it done under warranty. There are loads of videos of these repairs on youtube its a common problem.
Sound...may have to try this!!

·
I hate having no car :(
1,732 Posts
+1 all the mk1 360's WILL break buy the newer one and youll be a happy camper u can still use your old hard drive in the newer console so your won't loose any of your saved games

1 - 8 of 8 Posts