BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if you can put Xenon bulbs into your light fittings or do you have to buy Xenon fittings ??

98, 318is M Tech Coupe

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well if you want real xenon lights like the new bmw's or mercs you have to buy a HID kit,which compiles of a ballast and a xenon bulb,or if you want a bit more brightness you can get better bulbs which are hell of a lot cheaper and give a nice improvement over stock!
You can buy philips or osram are too off the better makes,I have osram silverstars in mine which claims to give you 50% more light and it is alot better than the bulb in before!
Just depends on what you want and how much you can afford
HID kit=300euro or so
Osram silverstar=15 euro!
Hope this helps!
Cheers
Dar

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Dar, well was hoping to go for the ones in the new BMW`s but didnt think they were that expensive, i have put a range of different cheaper bulbs but to be honest the just look crap, where did you get the Osram Silverstar ? what color light does it give off as i dont really like the normail yellow light, cheers Dar.

Dave.

98, 318is M Tech Coupe

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi,
Yeah the hid kits are expensive alright
The ones i got were osram silverstars and they are good,give out a white light alot more so than the yellowey ones,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OSRAM-Silvers...035423819QQcategoryZ72235QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Or if you want a more bluey lookin light you can go for Philips blue vision! sorry i dont have a link for them,
All are available in car factors but mad money compared to ebay[:-banghead]
Cheers
Dar

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Dar, those ones from Phillips sound like the ones im after wiv the blue light, any idea where would get them bar e bay ??

98, 318is M Tech Coupe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Am in Wicklow but spend most of me time in Dublin, think there is a halfords over in the blanchardstown centre, ill have a look next time im over n let yas know, cheers guys
Dave.

98, 318is M Tech Coupe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts